We are an independent charity, part of the national Citizens Advice Network which values diversity, promotes equality, and challenges discrimination. Our services put our clients at the heart of all we do.
Our core service is delivered primarily by highly skilled and experienced volunteers who deliver the frontline services of Citizens Advice Gosport.
All our staff and volunteers benefit from thorough training, to meet the National Advice Quality Standard.
Our Trustee Board
As an independent charity, we have our own board of trustees who are ultimately responsible for the strategic direction and quality of services we provide.
- Set the overall direction and support in the development of the organisation
- Hold the staff to account to make sure we are meeting the needs of the local community
- Work to maintain Performance and Quality so we retain the Advice Quality Standard
- Employ our staff and control the finances
- Earn and retain the respect of key local individuals and organisations
- Give local people a say on our work through our public Annual General Meeting and other feedback and consultation methods
- Make sure our work complies with relevant charity and other laws